I have been a student of Tantra since 2005. I have worked deeply with several of the most potent teachers of our time. The wisdom tradition of Tantra informs my personal journey and my journey into deepest love with my beloved. Tantra has also become a profound backdrop to my coaching work. Its fundamental teachings appear in many of my coaching sessions, but don't let this frighten you off! I have become adept at translating and modernising these teachings into tools and processes that are real and applicable to our modern lives.
I am comfortable journeying deep into this territory with clients who are ready and open to experiencing life in a more beautiful way.
What is Tantra?
The following captures the spirit of Tantric Teachings nicely...
The wisdom tradition of Tantra comes from India/Tibet. In a nutshell it is the science and the art of being alive. Tantra practices consciously explore life experientially. Many of these practices are esoteric, but I am a huge fan of exploring ways to integrate these core teachings into our every-hour, every-day lives.
Tantra is a way of life that explores all of life. It is a path of exploration, action, practice and meditation that covers:
- What is god/spirit? Exploring the goddess and mother Earth
- What is death and how can it have meaning?
- Desire, passion, pleasure – are they selfish or can they be spiritual?
- How to be attached – committed, caring, passionate – and at the same time non-attached – selfless, tranquil, trusting?
- What does it mean to be a man?
- What does it mean to be a woman?
- How can men and women really meet?
- What is love, what is the depth of love?
- What is the height of sex?
- How to create a fulfilling relationship without fear of rejection while staying true to yourself?
- What is the sense of life?
- What is the most beneficial interaction between body, mind and spirit?
- What is the nature of experience and perception? what is the relationship between the perceiver and the perceived?
- How is consciousness different from thinking?
- How do I distinguish truth from illusion?
- How to feel more alive, become more charismatic and attractive to others?
- How to create the reality that fulfills you?
- In fact, all the fundamental questions of life.
- You may be interested in going on a Spiritual Retreat
- And everything else for that matter!
Tantra has answers to all these questions: it also has many explanations of how life works based on an understanding of energy, which is not part of our mechanistic culture, yet a grasp of what enables us to interact creatively with many aspects of life that were previously mysterious forces by which we were helplessly buffeted: relationships, love, sexuality, fate.
Above all, tantra does not prescribe answers: unlike a religion, it does not tell you what to think and believe. It gives you structures to explore these themes experientially and personally, and then to come to your own conclusions based on these experiences. The only authority in tantra is your own heart, your own sense of what is true for you and what your spirit needs to follow.
If you are interested in these burning life questions, if you want to find your own answers not just be given them by a higher authority, if you want to spend time with other people who want to explore what is the sense of life and how relationships function, then tantra is for you. It covers the subjects they didn’t dare explore at school!
Tantra is for free thinkers, for rebels, for non-conformists,
for seekers of alternatives,
for lovers, and lovers of life,
for truth seekers,
for seekers of excitement, for seekers of tranquility,
for seekers of meaning, making sense of existence,
for seekers of pleasure and delight,
for those who seek god,
for those who seek themselves.