The life coaching profession has been developing its own mythology over the past ten years.
Here is my current top ten, in no particular order!
- There aren't usually quick fixes - A life coach is unlikely to sort you out instantly.
- Change takes work and you are the one that's got to do it.
- One size fits all - we are all different. It is important to go with the intuitive feel of a coach.
- Accreditation means effective? - you can get a certificate in a weekend. I have coached thousands of people for thousands of hours... And I'm still learning.
- More sessions with a cheaper coach is more effective - would you like one ride in a Ferrari or several in a vauxhall?
- Men should work with men and women with women - often having perspectives from the opposite sex is powerful.
- Lifecoaching is a get rich quick scheme - Ha
- The best way to find a coach is through a referral - Many peeps are secretive about having a coach, so they probably won't tell you about their good thing.
- It takes several sessions to get anywhere - I will give you new tools and perspectives within 4 minutes and 2 seconds of working together.
- Change is frightening - supported change with a coach is thrilling.
Let me know if you know any more...